- 1-Onion chopped
- 1 -2 tbsps. Oil
- 500g Beef (Chopped into cubes)
- 2-3 tsps. Hungarian Goulash Mix
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsps. tomato puree
- Beef Stock or vegetable stock
- Red Wine
- Plain Flour
- Vegetables (Whatever you feel like, root vegetables are usually a good choice)
- Coat the beef in flour. This is to draw out any excess moisture and to help thicken the sauce later.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped onion and fry for 1 -2 minutes
- Add the meat and fry for another 1-2 minutes to seal the meat.
- Add your vegetables
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, beef stock and spices.
If you are using stock cubes, usually 1 cube to a cup of water is sufficient.
- Add roughly 300 ml of red wine and drink the rest
- Let it cook on a medium to low heat for as long as possible, ideally 6-8 hours but if you can’t wait, 2 hours should be enough.